Clover Wellness wants to improve physicians’ performance by providing them obtain to chopping-edge AI technological know-how. But the organization chose to enter the industry, not as a technological know-how seller, but as an insurance company, disrupting common payment buildings and treatment-navigation technological know-how in one fell swoop.
On modern HIMSSCast, Clover Health’s Andrew Toy joins host Jonah Comstock to speak about his story and his own distinct just take on resolving the health care cost disaster in The us.
Like what you listen to? Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Play!
- What Clover does and how it can be distinctive from other payers and other startups.
- Clover Assistant, Clover’s company-facing tech stack, and how it fits into their model.
- Having away from the plan of networks.
- What does price-based mostly treatment mean for Clover?
- Who retains the danger? And why it must be the insurers?
- Why the incentive-alignment argument for price-based mostly treatment is additional intricate than people today think.
- Incentivizing doctors by providing them additional powerful equipment.
- How overall health systems must fit into the price-based mostly treatment landscape.
- Why Clover introduced as a payer, and not a technological know-how seller.
- Why Clover built its Assistant exterior of the EHR.
- Repairing health care usually means carrying out so for absolutely everyone.
- How can innovation in insurance policy push by incumbent gamers?
A lot more about this episode:
Medicare Gain insurtech startup Clover Wellness raises $500M
Clover Wellness will be part of the general public industry by merging with Social Funds SPAC
Clover Health’s new subsidiary will rely on customers, machine learning to gas drug progress
Clover Wellness laying off 25 per cent of staff members as it seeks new health care abilities
Clover Wellness gets $130M from Greenoaks, Google Ventures, some others
Clover Wellness planning enlargement into one hundred and one new markets
Clover Wellness taps MedArrive to vaccinate its homebound MA customers
Walmart companions with Clover Wellness to supply Medicare Gain designs